The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In accordance with the City’s employment equity and diversity strategy, policy, plan and objectives, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
Economic opportunities and asset management. Property management
Base salary: R369.348 per year â¢ Ref n Â°: EOA 62/21. Cape Town Civic Center
Terms & Conditions:
- Relevant national diploma in geo-information / computer science or geomatics
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience required in the GIS environment
- Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop software and ESRI web environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft computing and related packages
- Experience in project management will be a plus
- A valid driving license Code B / EB.
- Registration as a GIS Technician with the South African Geomatics Council will be advantageous.
Key performance areas:
- Projects: Conduct and management of GIS projects within Property Management
- Maintenance : Update Property Management spatial data and ensure visibility in relevant GIS web viewers
- Cartographic production, modeling and imagery: Creation of relevant geospatial maps and reports for key Property Management datasets
- General: Perform administrative duties to help with abnormal tasks that may arise from time to time.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or through the SAP portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise specified.
By submitting your application for a position with the City of Cape Town, you consent that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the recruitment and selection process.
VSdate of loss: December 3, 2021
- Please include the vacant position reference number in all communications.
- Certified copies of the qualifications should be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Please note that applications will not be recognized in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late application will be taken into account.
- If no nomination notification is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your nomination has not been successful.
Posted Nov 22, 10:34 AM, closing date Dec 3, 2018